- Most of our clients are aware of the value that American Express Membership Rewards have due to their redemption flexibility and the fact that you can transfer them into more than 18 different airline and hotel programs. And although Amex points have devalued due to increased competition from other travel cards and industry factors, Amex points are still very much the go-to rewards program of choice for those who wish to maximize on their monthly spend and earn valuable points that can be redeemed for cash or otherwise.
However, most consumers and business professionals are unaware that Membership Rewards points earned by and with the American Express Business Platinum Card program are in fact more valuable than regular Platinum or Gold Card Membership Rewards Programs. This is due to a unique feature and quality that the Business Platinum Card has that the regular Platinum Card does not.
In the terms and conditions of the Business Platinum Card, its written in the following language.
35% airline bonus
Receive 35% of your points back when you Pay With Points for a flight booking with Amex Travel. The flight must be in first class or business class or any class with your preferred airline (which you must choose in advance). You can receive up to 1 million points back in a calendar year.
Essentially what this valuable perk means in that every time points are used to redeem travel for a business or first class ticket, the account is automatically credited for 35% of the points used for the ticket back into the original account. Which means at the end of the day, less points end up being needed for the same business or first class tickets than what is needed for a ticket booked with Amex Membership Rewards points from a regular Platinum or Gold Card account.
This dynamic ends up making these points more valuable for redemption than points used from consumer gold and platinum cards. For help redeeming your Amex points, simply reach out to us here or email us at email@example.com.
AMAZING BENEFITS, LIMITATIONS & TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Pay with Points requires a minimum redemption of 5,000 points
- You’re eligible to receive up to 1 million points per calendar year as a rebate
- If your selected airline is Frontier, Spirit or Southwest, you must book by calling Amex at 1-800-553-9497 to receive your rebate
- The airline you select for the 35% airline bonus and the $200 airline fee credit must be the same
- A flight booked as part of a travel package or booked with the American Express U.S. Representative Travel Network is not eligible for the 35% bonus
- To be eligible to receive extra points, your card accounts must not be canceled or past due at the time of extra points fulfillment
- Terms Apply
The Business Platinum Card comes with global airport lounge access including access to the famed Amex Centurion Lounges. Additional perks and card benefits include:
- Hilton Gold Status
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Access to the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program
- $200 Incidental Airline Fee Reimbursement
You can apply for the American Express Business Platinum Card HERE